another day....
I have for many years prayed to God that He would use me...little did I know what would lay ahead. The good news is, I am a much better person for it....the flip side of that is that it has been painful...but I am thankful for it. So, moving onto my point for this.....I was asking God the other day if what I was thinking about my situation was correct? You see, it goes something like this: I have been working hard for many years doing this idea and that idea and thinking "surely God will use me with this" or "God, You made me this way...this seems like a good way to go." Well, as you may have guessed, those haven't worked out like I expected. So, as I have processed these thoughts I have wondered if perhaps a piece of what I was thinking in each of those situations might be true but that the timing is not now....So, I asked God to confirm that if it was so....Later that day I came upon one of my favorite verses (which just so happens to be the name of my blog) by flipping to the next day of my perpetual calendar. I truly believe that God was speaking to me - He was saying, "I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you a future and a hope...." I love that! Two more times throughout the week that verse was presented to me in unusual circumstances....such peace (and excitement) comes from when we know God is speaking to us.. I am thankful that God does have it in control and does have plans for me...I can rest in that. How about you? What plans does God have for you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment