Doing Kingdom Work
I am thankful...so, so thankful...I participate in a study once a month with author, Dr. Gay Hubbard. She is amazingly gifted and always encourages us to see what God is doing in our lives. What she said this past weekend was so helpful to me. You see, I have had a slight job change this year. I am a school counselor and worked for 4 years with the middle school kids and LOVED it! I know, call me crazy, but I truly loved that age. This year (because of changes in our school district) I went to work with K-6. That was a huge adjustment for me and I have at many times felt like I was drowning - partly because of the needs of this age but mostly because there are so many kids and there simply isn't enough time. Well, I have a new zest because of what Dr. Hubbard said. I am going to translate: Jesus talked most of taking care of widows, orphans and strangers (those who are different from us)....in other words, we are to look after those that the world, for the most part, ignores. How many times do we think that someone else will do it or get so caught up in our own world that we ignore the needs of others? It helped me turn the corner on my sometimes "negative attitude". Dr. Hubbard helped each of us to see that we were doing kingdom work: I work with young children in a community of high needs, two of the women there take care of their aging mother-in-laws who aren't able to do much anymore, and another goes to the far sides of the earth to work with children and families. The list goes on.... how about you? Are you feeling discouraged where you are in life? I bet that you too are doing kingdom work. Ask God to show you how He is working through you to make a difference in the lives of others. He is looking forward to showing you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment