
Today was a good day and it was Monday - that's kind of like an oxymoron. Anyway....
I teach counseling classes with K-6. Today I talked about bullying and a boy raised his hand and stated, "I have something to say and ask the class." I asked him to tell me first and I was in awe. Here was a 9 year old boy who stood up in the front of his class and told them that he wanted them to quit picking on another student. Wow! Then he went onto ask the class why they did it and then added, "She has never done anything to us." Wow! Many of the other students chimed in and class ended with a challenge of being kind to her and each other.
So, today I am thankful for the good that is in the world. I am thankful for a nine-year-old boy who didn't worry about what the others in class would say but was more concerned about how another student was treated.
There really is good in the world...........
No comments:
Post a Comment