Happy Pink Saturday From Vail


I was up in Vail for a 2 day conference and had such a wonderful time. Why, oh why didn't I bring my camera?! My cell phone had to suffice. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pictures from my trip...what a charming place to visit. One of my stops was at one of Vail's many local galleries. These stunning glass chandeliers are by artist Ulla Darni. To see them in person was breathtaking. It was eye candy.



This is my "pink" in Vail. It was one of the many stores lit up at night and the lights were pink...I just wish that the stores were open when we were down there. I was certain that I heard them calling my name.


We weren't able to get down to Vail Village until 6:00 p.m. which made it quite dark. It was beautiful. The snow was gently falling and the street was lit up. This was one of the "trees" that was lit up. I found out later that it changed colors from white to blue, purple, pink, and green. It was fabulous!

I have seen this sculptors work at the public library in Pinedale, WY (another wonderful mountain town). I decided that when I saw all of these wonderful animals that I had to know who the artist is. His name is Jim Budish. He has his own website. Go check his sculptures out...they are fun and make you smile.
One of my (many) dreams is to live in the mountains...the cool crisp air, cool summers, shoveling snow (it really is therapeutic), mountain towns, warm fireplaces, cold outside and warm inside, drinking something warm while sitting by the fireplace, white Christmas lights in the trees year round.....okay, I am a romantic at heart. But, I would move in a heartbeat if the opportunity came our way.

As always, please stop by Beverly's place as she is our pink lady who began Pink Saturday. Pink blessings to all!












8 comments:

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

just luvly! especially liking the pink lites :) and how cool to have the tree formed by different colours... great ideas for Christmas decorating!
your wintery description fits with yesterday's post ..
and today's giveaway is something i'm sure you could appreciate :)
see you soon!

Kay Ellen said...

What fun!! I love those pink twinkle lights!!
Happy Pink Saturday:))

Blessings to you,
Kay Ellen

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday :)
I LOVE the pink lights on that storefront! Yum. Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet words!
Roselle

Anonymous said...

Love touring Vail with you, all the lights and snow. It made me think this -- it is my hope that we all don't get so busy that we do take time to enjoy the simple and beautiful things during Thanksgiving and Christmas. I like your list of things you like on "about me" I don't think you left out anything. Very creative! Blessings Terri

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

What beautiful pictures - it looks lovely! I am now following you.

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

Anonymous said...

Love all your pinks especially the mountain side scene. Happy Pink Saturday.

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Holly, nice to meet you..your blog is lovely..wow love those pink lights, and those indoor chandys are gorgeous, I can only imagine in person!

Stop by if you get a chance!

Barb

Anonymous said...

Beautiful..Thank you for sharing...
HAPPY PINK SATURDAY

Search This Blog