Today as I was visiting blogs, I saw that people were posting one thing each day they were thankful for. What a great idea I thought – that will be easy! There are many things to be thankful for! Then I went grocery shopping tonight and stocked up on all the great sale items for Thanksgiving dinner and then it hit me…there will only be three of us this year. My oldest son is just about as far away on the east coast as one could be. My next son is up north in the great state of Montana and because I was already feeling sad, it hit me that my daughter will be graduating next year and wants to go to Texas to school. I have to admit that I was feeling quite sad. It made me think about the times my husband would say, “How can you stand the noise” when the kids were “being kids”. I said to him that it didn’t bother me at all because I knew that “someday the walls would be silent.” The laughter would be distant and so would someone saying, “Mom, he hit me….” No, the noise didn’t bother me. I loved the noise. I relished in it. My favorite days were when all three children were at home “just hanging out.” I loved those days. How did I get here – today – it’s quiet as I write this. My daughter is out on a date, my husband is in bed and my two springer spaniels are lying quietly on the floor. Well, just as David would often start out lamenting in the Psalms, he would end up on a positive note by recognizing who God was and is. So, I would be remiss if I did not do the same thing. Here goes….My son is enjoying his first Thanksgiving as a husband and is loved by dearly by his wife and her family. My other son in Montana has a job in a time where jobs are scarce. My daughter is having a good senior year and my husband treasures his family. I have great stepchildren and two lovely granddaughters who called me “grandmom” – how cute is that?! Every day I see God’s handiwork and can visit with Him as thoughts come to my mind and His mercies are new every morning! I love that. So, with that I will close this first day of being thankful.
Signed,
Very Thankful Indeed
Signed,
Very Thankful Indeed
2 comments:
We are thankful...for YOU! Your blogposts are touching and an awesome way to spend a moment with you. So often we wish we could sit with you, laugh with you, be close to you. You are an amazing woman! We will bring LOTS of noise & laughter into the house come July. We also look forward to the day you grace our home with your presence. As for now, we're only a skype awayyyy.
xoxo
PS- Dain would love to be cuddled up to Mitz right now. Such a dog lover he is.
Post a Comment