I was thinking today about people I know who have lost loved ones and how this can be such a difficult time of year. I have thought about how they are there for each other even though they also hurt. Then I wonder that in their being there for the other person if that helps ease their pain. What do you think?
I also know that when we do give to others how wonderful it feels. We can tuck that feeling inside our heart and hide it from all except God who sees everything. I want to do it different this year. Admittedly, I am one of those who has got caught up in the Christmas hubbub and have not given Christ the spot He deserves. I hope that I can share His love more with others not only this season but beyond. I know that those of you who stop by are wonderful givers because you do so when you go around and visit other blogs leaving a message of encouragement or just making others feel good because you were there.
Christmas blessing to you all!
2 comments:
What a lovely and heartfelt post, my friend!
My first Christmas without my Dad was the very hardest. I'd say that being there for others definitely helps ease the pain of the loss!
I think you do an amazing job of sharing the love of Jesus and I thank you! :o)
Holly- You know- I think sometimes it is harder to share the pain of loss. For me anyway, I feel like I have to be strong not only for myself but for the other person, too. I guess it is never easy.
I am trying to stay in the moment and remember what Christmas is all about, too. xo Diana
Post a Comment