It was fun

Saturday was a full day.  The day started off with a group of six women talking about what it means for us to restore our soul.  We had some great discussion.  We realized that some of what restores our souls are the same while others are very different.  We then got onto the subject of the fun things we used to do like to do.  Do you remember Kick the Can? 
Wasn't that fun?!  How about jacks?!  I LOVE(D) jacks. 
If I could sit my body on the floor, I know I would still love it.  However, I am "jacks challenged".  I expect that much hasn't changed.  I was also a closet barbie doll player - for that matter just a closet doll player all around.  I loved dolls then and I love them now.  I used to set up all of my paper dolls on my beds and use the card stock folders they came in as their homes.  I had quite a set up on my bed.  It looked like a virtual paper doll town.
Well, yesterday, I got to play some more - I know what yur thinkin'.  No, it wasn't paper dolls. (Only because I don't have any at the moment).  I met some friends at a corn maze.  Was that fun or what?!  We had to look for clues and mark them off.
As it was, we were in there for an hour and a half and we gave up, err, I mean we were hungry and went to eat at a FABULOUS restaurant.  I read where several people got all of the clues.  I think they're lyin' cause we didn't find them all.  Maybe I'm just corn maze challenged!  Yea, that's it.  What a fun day it was.  I have to say that at the end of the day my soul did get some refreshment. How about you?  What do you do to refresh your soul?
Blessings,

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Holly- I loved Jacks too...AND marbles. Remember aggies? And Steelies? sigh...before video games and non-stop TV?

It looks like your corn maze thingy was fun...and who wants to find clues when you can eat? Which reminds me of another game...CLUE...remember THAT?

I am off to bed here soon- Have to be up at 4:30am for the early shift! xo Diana

Mrs. Smith said...

Paper dolls, Barbies, Jacks, marbles, Saturday morning cartoons, Disney and Peanuts lunch boxes - oh to go back to those days - just for a little while! Holly, what a fun post! :)

Cindy Adkins said...

What a fun post! It brought back memories of me and my best friend, Leslie playing jacks on her front porch! We loved jacks! Also, I loved paper dolls, but wasn't into Barbies all that much. What about "Pick-up Sticks?" Remember that one? I'm your newest follower!
Cindy

Simply Debbie said...

Dear Holly,
what a wonderful post...I have old blue mason jars full of marbles. I collect dolls...I have my beloved daughter's barbie collection...her granny started buying her christmas barbies when she was diagnosed with cancer in 1988 and Amy was given her last barbie ...early...in october 2009 when cancer had returned 2 years earlier and her granny has continued to buy her a christmas barbie in Amy's memory..
but my favorite is Amy's train make-up suitcase that is full of barbies and clothes and she would taken them out up to her early 30's and play with them...her collector barbies have never been opened.
I, TO THIS DAY LOVE PAPER DOLLS...THEY ARE SO SPECIAL TO ME.
HUGS AND BLESSINGS

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hello, Holly
I love coming to your blog...and thank you for becoming a follower of my blog.
Yes, I played jacks too. And I climbed trees and played a lot outside...that's when I was young. Those were the days...
hugs,
Teresa in California

Search This Blog