End of the Year reflections

The week between Christmas and New Years is a time of reflection for me. I always pray that God would make clear to me what I am to do. Unfortunately, I have asked Him to be very specific which often (okay, usually) results in frustration and disappointment on my part because He usually (okay, 99.99% of the time) doesn't answer that way. A friend of mine taught me a few years ago that many times when I would make a request of God that I was "asking the wrong question." So, I contemplated that thought and looked at my request in a different light. There are a couple of things that I have been hoping for. I hadn't realized it until yesterday that perhaps they may or may not be linked together - at least as far as God was concerned. So, it occurred to me that (in addition to asking my question differently) perhaps I should just continue to do what I have been doing and allow God to work through me and my circumstances. After all, if I truly want to bring glory to Him, then I should just simply be the vessel and allow Him to work through me. So, today I decided to continue to do what I had been thinking about doing and allowing God to decide how He would work through it....so far so good. I'm guessing that I am not alone in my thoughts and desires. I would love to hear what God has laid on your heart....

No comments:

Search This Blog