What do leopard print flannel pants, black thermal shirt, red, blue, green plaid flannel shirt and faux pink UGG boots have in common? My wardrobe yesterday! I have to admit that seeing me in this getup was a little scary. Yesterday was a snow day. School was cancelled because it was in the negatives - wise decision. The day before we had 65 students gone which is about one grade level for us, so it only made sense to cancel. Today it was supposed to get up to 32 degrees but I'm thinking that it didn't make it. I read some of the posts on fb and saw the pictures of spring gardens and I couldn't believe it. We have about 2 days of spring and they come somewhere in April or May - depending on the weather.
Oh well, enough rambling. I thought I would share with you a good soup recipe for the winter...
Hamburger Soup
1 medium chopped onion
1.5 lb ground beef
1 large can tomatoes (sliced or whole)
3 cans beef broth or 5.5 cups water and 2 Tbsp beef bouillon
4 carrots chopped
1 bay leaf
4 celery tops (I add the whole stalk)
6 sprigs of parsley (I add 1/8 cupish of dried)
1/2 tsp thyme (if you have it)
10 peppercorns (I hope you like pepper or biting into one of those will give you a zinger that you weren't expecting, but it's tasty)...kind of gives you a spring in your step
1 Tbsp salt
Brown onion and beef and drain. Add the rest of the ingredients, cover and bring to a boil and then simmer over low heat for 45 minutes. Serves 6-8.
I serve my soup with saltines and a slice of cheddar cheese....the cheese melts on top of the soup and it is quite tasty!
No comments:
Post a Comment