It finally happened....




Well, it finally happened. I knew it would. I was waiting for it…and it did. It was so embarrassing…

It was Saturday morning and I was in the garage with the garage door open and taking a picture for one of my PINK Saturday posts when I see a car drive by. I can hear the car slow down and eventually stop as if hesitating….here it comes…I know what’s going to happen….a lady walks up our drive and says, “Are you the one having a garage sale?” No, I say, I just like going to them. You see, my garage is, well…okay, it’s kind of full…on one side. We CAN get a car in on the other side, but the other half is full of my “collections.” I tell people that I am not a hoarder, I am a collector. That is the truth as this truth is defined by me. But, nonetheless, it is true. I am a collector….I’m justifying myself here, but hoarders have pathways to move around their house and you can walk in mine….it is just cluttered here and there with my “collections.” I love stuff. Why, earlier this year I was with my daughter when I saw a small plastic strawberry milk carton in the trash. I was getting ready to say, “That would make the cutest….my daughter then cut me off, took the carton out of my hand and said, “no, mom.” Can you believe it? My daughter was correcting me! Why is it that I can see potential in so many things? I can look at twigs and see potential doll arms or hands or hang my newest creations on the limbs or….you get the picture. So, back to the beginning of the story, this very nice lady just smiled at me as if to say, “I get it” and said, “You’re funny.” “Yeah, I thought to myself…wait until my husband hears this….”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not saying you're not creative, because you are. But someone has to draw the line for you between "collector" and hoarder. I love you! =)

Sarah Jones said...

I have to do the SAME thing with my mom!! That is a funny story. Thank you for sharing it!

Way to go Callie! :)

Search This Blog