I went to a funeral today. Stan’s wife had died this past Sunday after a 2 ½ year battle with cancer. In true character, Stan was at the door greeting people when they walked in. We hugged, I told him I was sorry for his loss, we talked for a bit, and then he said, “Don’t forget me.” I couldn’t believe that this man was saying that. Stan is the neighbor that everybody wants. Stan knows everybody in the community – you think I’m exaggerating, don’t you? But, he does. He knows what is going on in their lives and can tell you the names of all their family members. Stan is the one who is out plowing the neighborhood in his small tractor after the blizzard so that people can get out to the store. Stan is the one that I called when my dogs went on a 6-hour hiatus and he heard the concern in my voice and said, “I’ll be right there.” He drove from his job and came and picked me up because his pickup could take the terrain that my car could not. I could go on and on, but you get the point. ..How could anyone forget Stan?! He lost his wife of 48 years this week and I think about how lonely and quiet the house will be. It happens so suddenly, doesn’t it? Even when we expect it, it just seems so quick. Life goes fast. As I work to build my business, network with others, my job, etc., I remember that the most important thing is relationships. It truly does not matter how big our bank accounts are, how many people love our designs, how good we are at our jobs. What does matter is the people that God places in our lives and how we allow Him to reflect His love to those around us. Who has God placed in your life?
1 comment:
much good truths to reflect on here~
to live intentionally makes differences we only realize with age i'm beginning to think :)
thx for the reminder to consider who God has placed in my life..
more now that i've begun blogging & i am conscious of that on many levels ...
Blessings to you today, Holly !
Post a Comment