If you know Christy Meyers of CC's Whimsies, then you know what I'm talking about when I call her the Whimsy Queen. She is the BOMB when it comes to making warm and wonderful characters that pull at your heart strings and make you want to buy everything she creates! Not only is she a master Whimsitarian (I just made that up - can you tell?), but she freely shares her "how to" secrets. Recently, I had the great joy of taking an online class with Christy through Artful Gatherings. (If you were thinking about taking one of their classes, but didn't, then do it next year. It was awesome!) Christy took us step by step and we each created a pumpkin fairy. Many of the women taking the class were ambitious and made several pumpkin fairies. And, then there were some highly ambitious women who took several classes through Artful Gatherings. (How do they do it?)
Anyway, I wanted to share my pumpkin fairy. She is about 90% done and quite frankly, it may take me another year to get the last 10% done.
Christy, I can hardly wait for your next class!
Blessings,
6 comments:
I remember seeing this cutie at your home!! He is adorable and he looks finished to me!
I don't think I am going to be able to make it to the show you mentioned- we have a ton of things on our plate and it looks like October is going to be full also. It sounded like so much fun though!
Hope your week is going well!
bee blessed
mary
A pumpkin fairy - who'd a thunk it! Very cute - love the eyes - so I know what you mean about these whimsical creations wanting to come home with you! I shall have to check this lady out - whimsey is one of my quality words, you know . . .
Joy!
Miss Kathy
What a cute little fellow. Trish
Oh how adorable, Holly!!! and totally clever!!!
XO
Cindy
Happy Pink Saturday, Holly!!!
XO
Cindy
Holly - Just read your comment on my 9/11 post. You can not know how much your encouraging words mean to me just now to start this week of school. Thank you!!
Joy!
Kathy
Post a Comment