A Vintage PINK Girl










Happy PINK Saturday! I love this day as it is another opportunity to celebrate all things PINK! Please stop by and say hello to Beverly. I went searching for ads with PINK and ran across some that read "vintage" and they were from the 1970's. Well, I don't know about you, but I was alive and well in the 1970's and a PINK girl then too. I guess that makes me vintage, but that's okay. I'm loving this PINK life. Happy PINK Saturday to all of you wonderful ladies that have stopped by to say hello.



I found these great pictures online today of some old movies...I think that I must live vicariously through them. I love the elegance of the clothing, background design and their mannerisms. I would love to bring those back. Sigh....







Did you ever wonder why there wasn't more pink things made since there are so many of us who love pink? Take glasses for instance. I have been looking for some great drinking glasses in pink. I would buy a pink refrigerator and washer/dryer in a heartbeat if there were any available - in modern day convenience of course. I did find a great vintage ad of a pink washer and dryer set. PINKabulous!



I love old movies...such elegance in dress and background design. I love vicariously through them. I found these fabulous pictures from an old movie.

12 comments:

Kathleen Ellis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen Ellis said...

Hi Holly~
I love your "vintage" PINK-ness! I too was alive and well in the 70's and those look familiar! I love the old movies, too...such grace and civility! Thank you for stopping by to visit.
Have a beautiful PINK Saturday~
;-D Kathleen

Grace said...

What a Pink Fabulous post! Gorgeous pictures. Happy Pink Saturday. Grace

CailinMarie said...

Happy Pink Saturday to you!
Love that '70s in 'vintage'!!! Ha! So what is 60s? I ought to go diggng through great grandma's closet and hit ebay ;-)

Rebecca said...

Love the vintage ads-especially the pink washer and dryer-would love one of those!

Roberta said...

Happy Pink Saturday Holly...love those pink appliances...just can't imagine ;) Be sure to hop on over and check out my blog giveaway this weekend...it's BIG. Thanks and have a great day, fondly, Roberta
http://con-tain-it.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Loved your Pink Saturday post. Everything was so cute. Love vintage.

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

sooo FuN Holly! a lot of searching i bet :)
just to let you know, the PS post is on the usual FHC... and i KNOW you'll LUV IT ! come for tea & treats all about PINK :)

Anonymous said...

I bet you could find some pink depression glass glasses on your treasure hunts or on the web.

It stops me up short when I am out "antiquing" and "junking" and see my kids toys now being sold as vintage. agh! LOL...Happy Pink Saturday. xo

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Oh my gosh, that pink washer and dryer are a hoot! And I also was alive and well in the 70's. Love "That 70's Show" and your vintage ads were a fun walk down memory lane.

Happy Belated PS, fellow Colorado girl,

Judy

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

i think you'll like the teacup tuesday post today Holly!...

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

so sorry Holly!
it's on the fhc blogspot post :)
thx for wanting to see it too !

Search This Blog