Kansas Farm Girl


About 2 years ago, I took an online class from the wonderful doll artist of felt dolls - Sue McFadden. It took me a long time to make the doll but now she is done. I wasn't sure who or how she was going to turn out, but here she is. I didn't use felt but rather a suede over a paper clay face. I used vintage fabric for the dress and a vintage handkerchief for the apron. There is a story that goes along with this particular doll which I will post later. I made it as a gift for someone because they have been so instrumental in my life.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Cute! Now I want to hear the story too! Did you make the paper clay part of the face?

Holly said...

Thanks. The woman I made this for was so pleased, so that was nice. Yes, I made the face. Thanks for stopping by to look! I really appreciate that!

Unknown said...

What beautiful doll! I am honored! Sue :-)

Search This Blog